Juliet sighed. ‘I feel so lost’ she mumbled feeling more at peace than she had in a long time despite feeling lost. The girls had just gone home after their weekend together and long heart to heart about Juliet's relationship with Kyle. If you could call a few days a relationship.
Juliet had went for a walk in the woods. She settled into the grass in a clearing where she used to find peace. This was the place that she had once been happy in. When Kyle had met her here four years ago, it was peaceful.
‘Are you going to marry him, Harper’ Kyle’s voice seeped into her peaceful Zen, yet again.
Juliet looked at him. ‘Three years of being ripped in two by this...’ she looked him up and down, ‘boy’ she thought with hate and it showed in her eyes now as she felt the anger burn her alive from the inside out.
'Even if I where to marry him, what does it matter to you?' she hissed.
'Its a big deal--Marrying someone. You shouldn't do it if you don't love him' he said it softly.
‘Yes, because I should be taking relationship advise from you, Kyle.’ she snapped ‘Your track record isn’t that great, Master date and dash.’ she rolled her eyes and started to walk away. She wanted a clean break from him for once but Kyle just couldn’t let her have even that. He moved to stop her.
‘Date and Dash?!?’ he barked ‘What’s that suppose to mean?’ She could tell that she had hit a nerve.
‘Exactly what I said. You’ve never been in a relationship for longer than three weeks!’ she yelled. Kyle looked at her like she had grown three heads and twelve arms. Juliet felt the groan rumble in the back of her throat before slipping past her lips.
‘How the hell do you know how long I’ve stayed in a relationship? I’m an outsider just like you! I just make it a point to be nice and polite to people!’ he growled.
‘You are nothing like me.’ she started ‘I’m not an outsider by choice. I just am. You don’t know me. You’ve never tried to know me. So fuck you, Brody.’ she hissed darkly. He looked at her blankly. Clearly he didn’t understand what she was saying. She shook her head and spun on her heels and set out on her way to freedom.
‘At least I don’t keep secrets.’ He hissed at Juliet’s retreating back. Juliet stopped. Her body shook with anger and hate. She couldn’t believe that he had claimed that he didn’t keep secrets. He had no idea what he had just done.
‘You don’t keep secrets’ Juliet spoke the words he had just said slowly, making sure she’d heard him right. She laughed then. It wasn’t a happy laugh but more a humorless angry bark of a laugh.
‘My friends know who I am, Kyle’ She said softly. ‘They know where I came from and they know about us. That’s more than I can say for you and your friends.’ She was so hurt she couldn't even begin to explain it. Kyle looked at her in shock. He couldn’t believe that she would bring that up.
‘Go home, Kyle.’ she said with a shake of her head. ‘There’s nothing here for you.’ She turned and walked away. Kyle stared after her. For a second he could almost feel her skin against the back of his hand.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment